Job Title: CNC Setter Operator
Reporting to: Team Leader / Operations Manager
Role Objective: To provide day-to-day support to the machine shop, effectively Setting and Operating CNC Machines (Fanuc and Heidenhain controls) and working to set KPI’s to achieve output.
• Set and operate CNC machines to produce components to the company standard.
• Edit machine programs as required.
• Read, interpret, and communicate technical information.
• Carry out quality tasks to check parts in production, i.e., gauge checks, etc.
• Work in a safe manner identifying potential Health and Safety issues to their immediate supervisor.
• Complete a daily timesheet, detailing set, run, and quantities for each operation worked on.
• Ensure that information is transferred between shifts to ensure that all parties fully understand the current status of the job.
• Maintain departmental standards including 5S housekeeping.
• Resolve minor maintenance issues with the cell equipment.
• Communicate to quality / MTR as required to resolve issues which result in down time.
• Be committed to and take a proactive role in continuous improvement.
• When scrap occurs in the cell, work with quality engineers / supervisors to identify root cause.
• Sound engineering background with at least 3 years previous experience.
• Highly skilled and versatile
• Project a positive enthusiastic attitude, taking a flexible approach to their role.
• Demonstrates a commitment to achieving departmental objectives
• Able to produce consistent high-quality work
• Good attendance / time keeping.
• Self-reliant able to resolve issues with minimal support.
• Good communication skills.
• Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of:
• Tool selection criteria.
• Cutting tool parameters.
• Manual machining techniques.
• CNC program editing capability
• Quality principles.
• Inspection techniques.
• Fanuc and Heidenhain control systems
40 hours per week (overtime and shifts as required)
Mon – Thurs: 8:00 – 17:00 1/2hr lunch
Fri: 8:00 – 14:00 no lunch break